Sunday, October 17, 2010

Recipe: Guinness Roast

Since it's time for a break from my cleaning and I want get something in my stomach sometime BEFORE dinner, I decided to answer a request from a Facebook friend for my Guinness Roast recipe.

Ingredients:
1 Chuck Roast (I usually get about 2-2.5 lb)
6-7 tbsp. Adam's Reserve Steak Rub (available at HEB)
1 bottle Guinness Stout
1-2 lb Baby Red Potatoes - cubed
1 bag Baby Barrots
8 oz Mushrooms - sliced
10+ whole cloves Garlic (I use minced garlic from a shaker and it's just as good)
1 Onion - slided
Salt - to taste

Oven recipe:
Season roast with steak rub. Place meat in a roasting plan and add Guinness, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and garlic. Top the roast with onions, cover with a lid or foil.
Roast the meat @ 450 degrees for 3 to 4 hours until fork tender.

Crock Pot recipe:
Season roast with steak rub and place in crock pot. Add Guinness and mix in all other ingredients. (I like to make sure there in enough Guinness to cover everything so, I'll sometimes use a second bottle). Cover and let cook for 7 to 8 hours.

(recipe from the HEB cooking booth thing)

Sooooo good. Could it be featured on this week's Menu Monday too?

No comments:

Post a Comment