Since Thanksgiving happens to fall on Thankful Thursday, I thought it would be appropriate to do an EXTRA special thankful post.
I want to share the Top 10 Things I'm Thankful for This Thanksgiving:
1. My amazing husband who married me this year which made this year so extra special! After 7 amazing years as my boyfriend, he made my life even more perfect when he said "I do" to so many adventures we will take on throughout out lives together. :) I'm super excited to see what lies ahead!
2. Family & friends. What would a year be like without an amazing family and some awesome friends to be surrounded by? It would suck...and go by really slow.
3. A house to call a home. It may still be in progress, as far as, curb appeal goes but on the inside, it couldn't be more warm and welcoming. Stop by and stay awhile!
4. My blog - a place for my writing, crafting, and cooking abilities to shine...and the entire blogging world. I love how it's connected me with so many amazing people. And I hope that all continues to grow.
5. Learning new things. I loved that I've tackled a few new things this year...Twitter, Photoshop (very little but I still learned something), knitting, and a few new recipes (some to keep and some to trash). Still haven't mastered that cleaning deal though. :-/
6. My faith. Every time I think about what I've been given and how grateful I am for it all, I always note how strong my faith is. Without it, I'm not sure I'd be surrounded by the beautiful things in life that I hold so dear.
7. With faith, my relationship with God. I'm know I've said it before, it's one that only He and I can understand. And it works. And I'm glad it does. He is what gets me through everyday...good and bad...easy and hard.
8. My optimism. I always try to see the bright side of things. I plan for a great, BIG, elaborate future. Some may mistake this for being unrealistic. I just think it's setting goals, pushing myself to gain more in life, and still being on cloud nine where ever I end up!
9. Memories. One of the things in life I hold close to my heart. That's why I adore pictures sooooo much. It's the only thing that will truly help you hold onto a memory and can capture so many beautiful moments that otherwise, might be lost. (Why else would I get the best photographer in town to capture our BIG day?!?)
10. The gift of life. While so many people around me, here and there, are passing on the gift of life, I can't help but feel so excited to know that I hold that power myself...when He chooses to bless us with this gift. And the excitement I feel for my nephew overflows within me as the days grow closer for Baby Isaac to be here.
Life is such a beautiful thing and I try to appreciate every moment I'm given...whether I'm just laying around on the couch with Mark Dean and Stuey or I'm baking up a batch of love to share with the ones I love.
It's so important to recognize what we are thankful for year round. It shouldn't take a day off of school and work, full of non-stop cooking and eating to appreciate what ours lives are made up of.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!