Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday - 11/4

When I woke up this morning, I didn't think there could possibly be one thing I would be thankful for. I was sick, cold, and not functioning properly.

After leaving work for working a whole hour and a half, coming home to nap and sleep off some of my sickness, I woke up and went to the store to attempt making homemade chicken noodle soup for myself without Mark Dean here to be my caretaker.

As I was leaving the grocery store, I spotted this on the ground.

A picture of it ON the ground wouldn't been more interesting but I'm impulsive so I instantly pick stuff up when I see it.
Which led to realize what I am thankful for today, good deeds. While this would have been more dramatic and interesting if someone had done a good deed FOR me, I would much rather do a good deed for someone else. And this was a good opportunity to do that.

When I see things like this, I go into a paranoia state of mind. The possibilities of who could have picked that card up if I hadn't drives me nuts. So, I picked that shiny blue card up and took it straight to the service counter...all the while getting cut in front of by a lady that wanted to take an hour to pay her bill. I didn't let that change my attitude though because I was happy to be protecting someone from a crazy psycho spender that would've emptied the card owner's bank account before the card owner could get home. (See, my mind doesn't process that as a possibility, it was going to happen! Haha)

Yes, good deeds are a good thing to be thankful. Especially, with the holidays fast approaching when people often forget that the best gifts don't have to be under the tree. And when this lady would probably need her debit card...well, the money on it.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad there are people out there like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...that is sooo sweet of you to say! :) That makes my day, more than you know! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is nice of you!! I deal with the fraudulent orders at my job and it is amazing how many people try to commit fraud. I like catching fraud people in the act and I really wish more people would file police reports as it is amazing how little people do when their information is stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! It's so ridiculous.

    A while back, through one of my previous employers, my DL & SS# was stolen, along with hundreds of others. I was fortunate enough that the police and judicial system did something about it.

    But too many times, it is overlooked.

    ReplyDelete