Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Zuppo Toscana

Last week, Kasey made Zuppo Toscana for our first Bestie Night.
And it was yuuuummy!

So, last night, I decided to try out the recipe myself.
It was good.
But could def. use from perfecting.

Upon request, here's the yummy recipe!
___________________________________________________

Zuppo Toscana

Ingredients:
1 lb. Italian Sausage (Kasey used HOT sausage - my fav. while I used Mild Sausage - and Mark Dean preferred this)
2 large Potatoes - cut into cubes
1 large Onion - chopped

2 cans Chicken Broth
1 quart Water

2 cloves Garlic - minced
1/2 can Bacon Bits

Salt & Pepper - to taste

2 cups Kale or Swiss Chard - chopped - Kasey & I, both, omitted this
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream

In a skillet, cook sausage in a skillet breaking up meat into pieces. Drain. (Kasey left larger chunks and we decided smaller pieces would be better. I did this last night and I liked it much better while Mark Dean preferred chunkier pieces of meat - we never agree on how food should be prepared!)

In a large pot, add  potatoes, onion, chicken broth, water, and garlic on medium-high heat until potatoes are tender.

Add sausage, bacon bits, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.

Turn on low heat. Add kale or swiss chard and whipping cream. Heat through.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Oh boo! I can't eat half of this =( It sounds sooo flipping good though!!!! Seriously SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow. this sounds amazingly yum! cream + bacon = wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! I posted it just for you! :D
    That sucks! I prolly shouldn't eat it either!
    I do reward myself now and then...well, pretty much everyday...but you should too! What good is food if you can't enjoy it?
    I'm not really sure why I'm asking you that because you do ENJOY your veggies! Haha!
    But it is so good, seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHH! I forgot!!! Haha! Next time I make it, I'll be sure to snap a few photos!

    ReplyDelete